Mistress of Fortune #2
Author: Holly West
Release Date: Sept, 29 2014
Isabel, Lady Wilde, mistress of King Charles II, has made a good living disguised as fortune teller Mistress Ruby, counseling London’s elite. But after the murder of one of her customers, business has taken a downturn, and Isabel is on the verge of accepting the king’s offer to move into the palace.
Isabel’s plans are interrupted when a beggar girl named Susanna shows up at her home, claiming to be her niece. Isabel always believed that her older brother, Adam, died alone during the plague. When Susanna reveals that Adam was actually murdered, Isabel is compelled to take up an impossible task: discover the truth about her brother’s death, twelve years after it happened.
Isabel’s investigation leads her through the gamut of London society, from bear-baiting matches and brothels to the realm of wealthy bankers. But as she uncovers her brother’s dark secrets, Isabel begins to wonder whether the past is better left buried, especially when uncovering the truth could lead to her own funeral.
Ten Random Things About Holly West
1) The contents of my top desk drawer include a tube of Aquaphor, a pair of diamond earrings, extra passport photos from my recent application, and my first ever royalty check (cancelled).
2) Rembrandt is my favorite dead artist. David Hockney is my favorite living artist.
3) The “W” I have hanging in my office is a nod to the “M” Mary Richards (of the Mary Tyler Moore Show) has in her apartment.
4) As a child I idolized Marie Osmond and used to sing along to her Paper Roses album, using my bed as my stage and a hairbrush as my microphone.
5) My FitBit tells me that I walk far less than my 10,000-step goal each day.
6) I’ve never seen any movie in the Raiders of the Lost Ark franchise.
7) My favorite thing to write on is a yellow legal pad, which I purchase in bulk from Costco. My favorite pen is the Uni-Ball Jetstream RT Fine Point.
8) My not-so-secret fantasy is to have my own cooking show.
9) I am a font snob so don’t even think about using Comic Sans or Papyrus.
When I ran my first (and only) marathon in 2006, I walked miles 19 and 20.
Social Media links:
About The Author
Must be 13+ To Enter | Ships in US ONLY
1 Winner will get a Kindle Fire HD 7 (8GB) Tablet in their choice of color.
HTML CODE: a Rafflecopter giveaway